5.06.2005

Cleveland Rocks

Let's just take a moment & reflect on the glories of Cleveland & Northeast Ohio. We will be traveling there for my sister's graduation in just a few weeks & is this little mid-westerner at heart ever excited! Granted we're incredibly excited for Lizzie's graduation, but going to Ohio is always cause for celebration. Particularly fun will be the night before Lizzie's grad when the fam goes to see Garrison Keillor & Prairie Home Companion. Guy & I are so excited we could just wiggle like puppies. Granted we'll be sitting in the lawn & at 7 months along I figure I'll resemble a beached whale that somehow made it 9 hours west of the coast, but still. Good times, folks, good times.

So anyway, the glories of northeast Ohio, ah the cooler weather (anything under 95 in June is great with me), the soft grasses (bye bye St. Augestine), and regular uses of the phrases You Betcha, so long, & refering to things as "these ones" or "those ones". I love Ohio. The only thing better is Ohio in September during Yankee Peddler. But alas & alak I may actually have to miss this year. Traveling with a 3-4 week old probably wouldn't be preferable by Dr. So & So Pediatrician. Someone go & eat some apple fritters for me... i love Ohio.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Ah yes. Garrison Keillor...that brings back many vacation memories the years Mom & Dad got the 8-pack tape set for Christmas! :) Good stuff.